The Mazda 3 continues to be one of the most enjoyable small cars to drive, boasting a sporty and responsive driveability that will have your heart soaring as you weave round tight corners. By harnessing all the available power in either of the two SKYActiv engine choices (the 2.0 or 2.5-litre engine), the Mazda 3 lives up to its promise of a seamless driving experience with firm, accurate steering and excellent cornering. The additional inclusion of impressive G Vectoring Technology smooths directional changes by adjusting the torque across the front axle, advancing stability control and boosting the driver's confidence.
The Mazda 3 is offered in both the sedan and hatch body shape, both offering a sleek and classy look. The hatch is projected to be the volume-seller of the range, particularly at the Maxx variant level. There are a number of reasons why the hatchback style is so popular, and it's not all about personal style.
Benefits of choosing the hatch:
- The Mazda 3 is traditionally popular with families due to it's impressive boot space and cargo area. Perfect for prams, groceries, and equipment for after-school activities, the hatch allows you to fit all of your belongings in one space. For even more room, you can fold down the rear seats, opening up the possibility of even more space for whatever you need to carry.
- Despite the bigger boot, the Mazda 3 hatch is actually shorter than the sedan, making it easier to drive in tight streets and easier to park in small spaces – perfect for city driving.
- You'll never realise how much you miss a rear windscreen wiper until you don't have a hatch! Unlike a sedan, a hatch usually has a rear windscreen wiper that will help clear the excess water whilst it's raining, making it easier for you to see out the back.
- Hatchbacks generally hold their resale value better than other types of cars according to expert CarsGuide reports.
- Compared to the sedan, the hatch body shape generally offers better fuel economy!
There's no doubt that the Mazda 3 hatch is an excellent choice of car boasting numerous benefits. However, there are some points to take into consideration before you decide the hatch is for you.
Things to consider before you settle on the hatch:
- Due to being longer in length, a sedan generally offers more leg room, particularly in the rear seats, compared to a hatch. That being said, the Mazda 3 hatch still offers a comfortable driving experience for up to four adults.
- Although most hatchbacks and sedans are pretty much equal in terms of grunt, some people feel that the hatch doesn't offer quite as engine power compared to the equivalent sedan, particularly when it comes to the strongest models.
Contact us today
If you're looking for a Mazda 3 hatch for sale, come visit our Melville Mazda showroom where our dedicated sales team would be delighted to offer you a no-obligation test drive and answer any questions you have to help with your decision.